Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dissident Daughter Signs On...

April 1, 2009

Just call me a Dissident Daughter, because in my way of thinking -- some of the things going on in this country are simply WRONG and I don't mind saying so. I am not a politicist. I am not an economist. I am not an analyst. I am not a terrorist. I am not an anarchist. I am not a Democrat. I am not a Republican. I am not a Conservative or a Liberal.

I am just a regular Gal who loves her country - the USA. I am a born and bred American who believes the Government of this country should answer to its citizenry, just as the Founding Fathers declared they should. I am a Patriot. I am Creatively Maladjusted. I am a Dissident Daughter. And, I am not afraid.

I will explore what Patriotism means to me... With that said, we will start here... Patriotism is not Seasonal. What does that mean? It means you do not need a reason or a day marked on the calendar to fly the flag or wear the colors. It means that while Memorial Day, Independence Day, Patriot Day and Veterans Day are days rightly set aside for special recognition - Every Day is a reason to celebrate being a citizen of this country. I am 100% American, 100% of the time, even when being a Patriotic American is not popular. It is said, Dissent is the most sincere form of Patriotism. To those who have a problem with such craziness - tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated - thanks for sharing.